Uniting Church in Australia
264 Pitt Street, Sydney NSW 2000
A progressive faith community of justice-seeking friends in the heart of Sydney.
We were delighted to have the Revd Dr Hal Taussig as our
Faith Futures Festival guest speaker.
Dr Taussig has especially worked on features of lively progressive churches,
and on “A New New Testament”, looking at a range of documents from early Christ movements.
These early documents from the 1st century can inform faith in the 21st century.
Common Dreams on the Road - at Pitt Street 20-22 May 2016
Talks by Revd Robin Meyers PhD now on YouTube:
Testing Tradition, Liberating Theology, Saturday 23-Jul-2016
A talk by Dr Val Web is now on YouTube:
A lecture and conversation covering themes in her latest book.
Progressive Christianity is a spiritually open, enquiring path of engagement with the Christian tradition and the life and teachings of Jesus.
By calling ourselves progressive Christians, we mean we are Christians who...
1. Believe that following the path and teachings of Jesus can lead to an awareness and experience
of the Sacred and the Oneness and Unity of all life;
2. Affirm that the teachings of Jesus provide but one of many ways to experience the Sacredness
and Oneness of life, and that we can draw from diverse sources of wisdome in our spiritual journey;
3. Seek community that is inclusive of all people, including but not limited to:
- Conventional Christians and questioning sceptics,
- Believers and agnostics,
- Women and men,
- Those of all sexual orientations and gender identities,
- Those of all classes and abilities;
4. Know that the way we behave towards one another is the fullest expression of what we believe;
5. Find grace in the search for understanding and believe there is more value in questioning
than in absolutes;
6. Strive for peace and justice among all people;
7. Strive to protect and restore the integrity of our Earth;
8. Commit to a path of life-long-learning, compassion, and selfless love.